HOUSE CONCERTS WITH Lisa Richards
DOWNLOAD THE CONCERT GUIDE HERE
I love performing in intimate spaces. I think it’s like seeing music in a teeny tiny theatre where you get a front row seat and a VIP pass to hang out backstage with the artist. It’s an excellent listening experience for the audience and incredibly satisfying for the artist.
Anyone can host a house concert. Yes, even you could host one! If you have a couple of handfuls of friends who love discovering new music and love hanging out with you, it’s a no stress, winning socializing opportunity and a truly memorable experience for all involved.
The Concert Space… It could be a living room, a backyard, a patio, an apartment, a winery, a hairdressing salon, a yoga or dance studio, an office, a parlor, a local theatre.
We can create a concert in any space you have access to where your friends can gather, sit comfortably and enjoy a concert.
The Only requirement for the performance space to work, is that everyone attending the concert must be able to fit in the same space, seated, for the entire duration of the 1-hour long concert
Pre and post-concert mingling can spill into other areas, but for the actual concert, it’s important that everyone is gathered close and seated directly in front of the performance.This is the BEST way to create an intimate concert experience. Carpets and pillows in a packed living room or blankets on the lawn if it’s a backyard concert work equally well as seating options for the flexible.
Contact Lisa: email@example.com. for more information or to book a date
What is a House Concert?
I’m so excited you want to know more about hosting a concert for me as I go out on tour.
What is a House Concert? An intimate concert in your living room, in your garden, on your deck.
They are without fail, an amazing experience for everyone involved, host, artist and audience.
I've created a guide to take all the guess work out of hosting a successful concert that will be remembered by everyone who is there. It will take you step by step through the process. You can download the guide here.
It’s an invitation-only concert in someone’s home, presented by a host who does not profit from the event.
Also, house concerts are usually…
- held indoors or outdoors
- attended by 20-50 people
- paid for by a donation per guest (for the performer) or a flat rate.
- known to include light snacks, beverages or a pot-luck dinner
- attended by the host’s friends, neighbors, co-workers, and maybe a few fans of the artist
- attended by a 25-60 age group
- performed by solo, duos and small groups
- performed with little to no amplification
- very intimate – the audiences sit close and are attentive
- performed in 1 x 1 hour set
- stronger for artist’s merchandise sales than traditional venues
- booked either with or without a financial guarantee (can vary by host and by artist)
- known to house and feed the artist for the night
- Each house concert is a collaboration between an artist, a host/presenter, and their friends and supporters.